When did they ever "troll" anyone in the first place? Sorry, but no, they're not giving their fans and their writers the middle finger because they didn't end the series exactly the way you wanted. LilyheartsLiara (talk)
- Or an entirely new project; the next ME game is apparently being developed by the Montreal studio, while this new DLC was developed in the Edmonton studio. Terminator-HIX (talk)
I don't think I would be too terribly surprised if some of the DLC they're working on added a bit of something to the ending. Maybe a little bit of new dialogue, or a new cutscene or slide. But as far as "changing" the ending goes, particularly to any kind of substantial degree, no. I think we're well past that point, if we were ever at it to begin with.
- I could see a DLC adding something to the ending or maybe even another ending. The extended ending DLC did add one, but I still have huge doubts that such a DLC will one day exist. JohnMD (talk)
- If the next DLC doesn't do anything ending-related, it'll probably be time to give up on BioWare changing the ending (any more than they have, anyway). Why would they go all in for this upcoming DLC, if it's not BioWare trying to send ME3 out with a bang and wrap it up once and for all? Terminator-HIX (talk)
- The next DLC is probably the "Lair of the Shadow Broker" of ME3; I've seen Tweets from BioWare staff about there being plans for future ME3 content, so it's a good bet that there's still more coming. LilyheartsLiara (talk)
- We can only hope this new DLC will be as awesome as LotSB... until BioWare stops teasing and gives us some actual info about it, that is. As it stands right now, all we have is a few screenshots and the typical leak. Terminator-HIX (talk)
- My guess (and it's only a guess, though I'm basing it off of what I've seen BioWare staff write on Twitter) is that the next DLC will be the last SP DLC they crank out (except perhaps for some very minor stuff, like another alternate appearance or weapons pack), but support for MP via DLC will continue for a little while longer. People seem to enjoy it a lot, so I presume it must be a good cash cow for them. It's been mentioned by some of the staff that the Mass Effect team had their last design meeting a little while ago, and some of their writers and developers have already moved on to other projects (Dragon Age III, Mass Effect 4, Casey Hudson's new IP project, etc.) so I can't see anything major coming out after this one.